Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Financial Times interview; Free World research

I was interviewed in the Financial Times on Saturday, and you can read that online here. A couple of small errors crept in – we moved to Sweden in 2006, not 2004 – and it's relatively easy to buy property here, in fact (if you can afford it): it's if you want to rent in the centre of town that you might have to wait on a list for several years.

The article mentions that my wife is from Åland, which also happens to be one of the main settings for Free World. As well as being close by, it has a fascinating history and landscape, both of which I thought would be ideal for Paul Dark. Here are a few photos of me doing some research for Free World in the summer, when the coastguard very kindly showed me around one of their abandoned stations, Storklubb, which features in the novel. Click on the photos to get larger images. And thanks to Kalle Fogelström for taking them.



No comments:

Post a Comment